Technological Advancement...for Me, Anyway!

Well, a year or so ago, after having and using my CD player for a quite a while, I happened to discover that there's a 'repeat' thing you can make it do so that the same song will play over and over and over. I was so excited to discover this, but when I informed my daughter about this great new trick, she just looked at me like I've been stuck in a cave somewhere. 'Everybody knows THAT, mom.'

Okay, but, this time, I've really made a big discovery. :) I figured out how to burn a CD with my computer! I tried this before but for some reason nothing worked right.

So.....that means, if I combine these two new skills, I can A) Make a CD of the tunes to learn for the 'C-net Big Band,' and then B.) play them over and over and over until I have them down just fine!!!

(I did put the tunes on my digital recorder one time, but...well, the CD will be so much easier to work with.)

Anyway, especially since I no longer have my site for MP3s, I'm just glad I finally figured out how to make a CD.

I haven't had much to post, lately. I haven't even been able to play a lot lately, due to sore fingers, though I'm hoping I'm at the end of that for a while. Was wondering where certain people have gone, in this forum. Where are some of the old familiar participants?

Edited by bellowbelle

All together now: Everybody knows THAT, Wendy! :D

(Just in case you haven't told your daughter yet! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Can I make a suggestion you might find helpful: when you burn the CD, keep a copy on your computer hard drive also, (perhaps in MP3 format for the sake of space saving), so that you can slow a tune down if necessary to work on any complicated passages that might pose a problem at normal speed. There are "slower downer" programmes availavle on the net (previously discussed), but I discovered only the other day that Windows Media Player has this facility in the latest version.

(All together now: Everybody knows THAT, Malcolm!)

Good luck. With technology advancing as it is, we all need some of that! :rolleyes:

MC

I've been copying a lot, lately, but using removeable storage, media cards and a USB drive...thingie...whatever...anyway, it works. I hope to eventually have less and less to do with the actual computer, except for some forum visits, etc.. Using a Sandisk Photo Album gadget to playmy media files on my TV.

Anyway, I do have to do some amount of computer editing. And, as for slowing-down audio, well....I think that Audacity can do that, but also, the software I use for my Sony recorder can do that! So, I'm all set, there.

The main thing I need to do is not really to use a slower-downer, but to get the chance to hear the tunes over and over and to jump right in, and knowing when the first beat is coming.

It's not that I just so fast that I don't need to play slow -- that's not it at all, hehe -- it's just that the main task for me is to 'file away' the sound in my head.

I hope this post makes sense, I've been doing about 3 things at once, here....