Anybody Ever Buy From This Guy?

Calurphy

Hello All,

This is my first post on the forums, but have been lurking amongst you for a couple of months (thank you).

I'm looking for an entry level 30 button anglo. I've been pricing them in the $600-700 range, but came across Jim Laab's Music (Steven's Point, Wisconsin) who offers several Stagi's for under $400.

http://www.jimlaabsmusic.com/scripts/prodL...p?idCategory=43

Any body ever deal with them?

Thanx,

Neil

Hallo Neil,

I bought a Stagi from this company last June. They were very prompt to send the goods and I am very pleased with my concertina. The bellows are air tight and the action is acceptable for an entry level box.

Regards Tony

Hello All,

This is my first post on the forums, but have been lurking amongst you for a couple of months (thank you).

I'm looking for an entry level 30 button anglo. I've been pricing them in the $600-700 range, but came across Jim Laab's Music (Steven's Point, Wisconsin) who offers several Stagi's for under $400.

Thanx,

Neil

Hi Neil,

I purchased my first concertina, a Stagi W-15-MS, from Jim Laab's Music about six weeks ago. Took about a week to arrive after ordering. Bellows are a bit leaky, but overall I'm happy with it as a first learning instrument.

Btw, I'm located in Lansdowne, PA.

Fred K.

Hello All,

Thanx,

Neil

Thanks Fella's!

I'm going to Ireland next week (for a couple of weeks) & will be looking for a good deal on a concertina. If I can't find one, I'll be ordering from Laab's when I get back; probably the W-15-LN, -MS, or -S.

Fred - I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get back & we'll compare notes (I'm real new at it, too!)

Those Stagis are at a great price, I saw it also when ordering mine but chose the Button Box instead as i tried a few 'on a Lark' in a Seattle music store and they had sticking buttons, etc. Button box overhauls, tweaks,etc. their Stagis. I'm glad I went the way I did because I haven't had a single problem with my Stagi from Bbox, other than it being a Stagi if anyone knows what I mean?

:blink:

Just my 2 cents worth, have fun on your trip!

Lars

I got a W-15 LN from Jim Laabs. It had some problems, some of which I didn't find for a while. The worst was that one of the endbolts was misdrilled, and left a hole in the side of the wood. I redrilled it and patched it up, and added some caulk to seal where the rubber gasket was ripped by the misdrilled hole. Also, one of the buttons stuck, the arm rubbed against the inside wall of the action box. I had to file a groove in the side to unstick it.

Yeah, I know what you mean, Lars. I've been playing a twenty button Stagi for a couple of months and had to "soup" it up per some of the suggestions on this forum. I will consider your suggestion as it was a pain in the butt!

Hello All,

Thanx,

Neil

Hello All,

Thanx,

Neil

Hello,

I've bought a bose equalizer. Jim Laab smusic has first lost my payment (bank transfert). They have claimed (Ebay). I sent all the papers which proved that I've paid.

After they ask me once again my adress, and they said me they have sent. Ihave never received my equalizer (431 $ lost)

It was my first problem with Ebay.*

So be careful and ... good luck

JJK