Secure For Seller

wakasaobama

wakasaobama asked why somebody might legitimately not want to give out the information required for a Wire Transfer. Identity Theft is one such legitimate reason.

Yep. And it's likely the most common, and certainly the one most in the public awareness these days, but it's not the only possibility.

One potentially frightening, though hopefully rare, possibility is personal harassment. Imagine giving someone your bank account information, including your name and address, and they ignore your bank but come to your home and start stalking you.

I think the chances of that happening are extremely low, but I don't think it can happen at all with PayPal.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But my main point was that if you make a PayPal payment by credit card, and you fail to get a full refund through PayPal, then most credit card companies will issue a refund themselves. (Though as I said, banking practices vary widely, so I don't know if your bank in Japan would do this.)

Dear Mr.Stephen Chambers

I called VISA Japan. VISA Japan said "When the seller escape out, we cannot refund."

I think Paypal is not always safe in my enviroment. :(

wakasaobama

Edited by wakasaobama

But my main point was that if you make a PayPal payment by credit card, and you fail to get a full refund through PayPal, then most credit card companies will issue a refund themselves. (Though as I said, banking practices vary widely, so I don't know if your bank in Japan would do this.)
Dear Stephen Chambers

I called VISA Japan. VISA Japan said "When the seller escape out, we cannot refund."

wakasaobama

Maybe not, but I believe that in these circumstances PayPal becomes technically the seller, as far as a credit card company is concerned. They become the ones with whom you have a contract to supply the goods and who are liable, not a defaulting eBay seller?

But as I said in my first reply "banking practices still vary greatly from country to country", as do laws governing trading standards. :(

Dear Stephen Chambers

wakasaobama

Maybe not, but I believe that in these circumstances PayPal becomes technically the seller, as far as a credit card company is concerned. They become the ones with whom you have a contract to supply the goods and who are liable, not a defaulting eBay seller?

But as I said in my first reply "banking practices still vary greatly from country to country", as do laws governing trading standards. :(

Dear Mr.Stephen Chambers

And, I called AMEX Japan. They have shopping protection.

They said they can refund when seller escape out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I need to change credit card to pay for Paypal.

It's pain of neck.... I need to release limitation of Paypal account once more.... :(

Thank you Mr.Stephen Chambers

My paypal probrem resoluved for your advice. :lol:

wakasaobama

Edited by wakasaobama