If you need repairs and live in Canada or in the US...

Hello,

I am very happy today as I sent my concertina for repairs last week and it came back and it's working like new. There was no major problem with my new Dipper concertina, based on what the repairman told me, the wood (algerian Tuya wood) might have warped a bit, put some pressure on some buttons which created some leaks, two reeds were playing partial notes when I wasnt pressing their buttons... Colin told me to keep the mudity level at around 55%, and although I'm trying to do this with a air purifier I got in my bedroom, it's hard to keep it that way all the time and our cold winters are really tough on wooden instruments.

Now, I'd like to thank Paul Read, he lives in Toronto and I had two concertinas repaired/partially restored by him recently. His work is very efficient and fast. He knows his stuff and I feel confident to send him my Dipper anytime, and my Dipper is my little baby so it means a lot ;-) The only real bad thing about Paul is that he mainly plays english system! Hehe.

Bottom line, if you live in Canada or USA and need a good repair person to work on your concertina(s) I strongly suggest you check it out with Paul Read.