Solomon and the Lachenal Numbers Game

nkgibbs

Do you think that a Lachenal Anglo # 6413 and labelled for Solomon is the same 6413 that apears in the Wheatstone ledger of March 16th 1855 :unsure:

Neil,

There seems to be no evidence to suggest that Lachenal's made any Anglos before 1862/3, whilst Wheatstone #6413 was undoubtedly an English concertina.

Who was Solomon (yes, I know........the one that was around in the 19th century). :blink:

You haven't mentioned an initial, or an address, but in my judgement ;) you must mean H. Solomon & Co. of 134 and 31, Houndsditch, London NE?

They claimed to be sole agents in Britain for Busson's harmoniflutes and flautinas, also harmoniums of Christophe & Etienne and Cesarini.

Edited by Stephen Chambers

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think that a Lachenal Anglo # 6413 and labelled for Solomon is the same 6413 that apears in the Wheatstone ledger of March 16th 1855 :unsure:

Neil,

There seems to be no evidence to suggest that Lachenal's made any Anglos before 1862/3, whilst Wheatstone #6413 was undoubtedly an English concertina.

Who was Solomon (yes, I know........the one that was around in the 19th century). :blink:

You haven't mentioned an initial, or an address, but in my judgement ;) you must mean H. Solomon & Co. of 134 and 31, Houndsditch, London NE?

They claimed to be sole agents in Britain for Busson's harmoniflutes and flautinas, also harmoniums of Christophe & Etienne and Cesarini.

Stephen,

Yes, I did mean H. Solomon of London.........I hadn't come across his name as a concertina seller before.

Based on our previous discussions about these early Anglos I guess #6412 is probably about 1866 ?

Thanks as always,

Neil

Based on our previous discussions about these early Anglos I guess #6412 is probably about 1866 ?

Well, as I recently said in reply to another dating question:

... an approximate date can be derived based on an average of 3,000 per annum over 70 years, starting at the beginning of 1863 ... only that could be a few years out, depending on variables as yet unknown.

So maybe 1865? :unsure: