Spiers and Boden

My wife and I went to see Spiers and Boden at the South Bank (of the Great River in London) last night. I had seen them several times before but never with Mr Spier's lovely concertina so much in use. They are very entertaining and quite brilliant and I recomend their various releases to anyone; although I'm not a great fan of Bellowhead.

Ian

My wife and I went to see Spiers and Boden at the South Bank (of the Great River in London) last night. I had seen them several times before but never with Mr Spier's lovely concertina so much in use. They are very entertaining and quite brilliant and I recomend their various releases to anyone; although I'm not a great fan of Bellowhead.

Ian

I was supposed to be going to see that too...but the person I was going with was ill and I wasn't 'allowed' to go to London at night on my own :angry:

Ian

I was supposed to be going to see that too...but the person I was going with was ill and I wasn't 'allowed' to go to London at night on my own :angry:

Sorry you coudn't make it LdT :( As Hereward says - the concertina had a starring role and was beautifully played. They did 'Horn Fair', which is the song that convinced me I absolutely *must* have a concertina and the first tune I learned by ear - figuring it out in Am on my C/G. Attempting to play along to the wonderful 'Songs' CD last night I realised they do it in Dm - eek - Bflats . . . and no, it didn't sound that great with my Am 'harmonising'.