EEC concertina websites (Newbie question).

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying my first concertina or possibly melodeon in the next month or so. My budget for doing this is about £250 which I know means I have to be a bit careful. I was thinking that if I went for a concertina it would mean a used Stagi/Honer/Gremlin, preferably one which has been through a restorer as a trade up and has been "sorted". While looking on the web however I found Harry Geuns in Belgium http://www.bandoneon-maker.com/harrygeuns.htm the price of a new Rochelle from here is less than a new Stagi, this is GOOD news. Does anyone know of other similar ( English language) websites in the EEC where I can look into the price of new or second hand Anglos. Come on folks, stop me buying a Melodeon.

Bugs.

I started out playing a Jackie, a 30 button English beginner's instrument. I bought it on eBay for about £80 and it did me very well until recently. The buttons are laid out exactly as the 48 button ones, but with fewer notes. However, it was well in tune, if a bit heavier in the hand. I believe they retail new for about £300. I have now bought a Lachenal, but at least I was able to see if I could get on with the instrument without paying a fortune.

jmmo

Edited by jmmo