Spring time arrives -

With so much time on my hands I got the itch yesterday and occupied the kitchen table for a number

of hours in order to make what I have been threatening myself with for a couple of years:

post-448-1231436521_thumb.jpg

No circles are round, no right angles are 90 degrees, but as an old saying in Denmark says:

"You don't notice that when the music's playing..."

I still need to get proper pliers with round jaws in order to make the "hook" correctly, but still...

The first spring came out like this:

post-448-1231437025_thumb.jpg

Mind, the wire is too thin - 0.5 mm - 0.7 mm would be more suitable, but it's close enough to verify that the thing works.

/Henrik

Do you have an idea where to buy phosphor bronze spring .7 wire ?

Marien

Ah, yes - the big question. But I recall that I recently found one supplier -

the catalogue/site is in my Mac at work and I am now very motivated to go

back next week and find it ;) -

/Henrik

Excellent, Henrik. Takes me back 35 years to when I was working in a local factory as a summer job; one man there could come up with all sorts of jigs to make different types of coils.

Now I know what Tommy Williams' "Spring Time in Battersea" was really about. ;)

Regards,

Peter.

With so much time on my hands I got the itch yesterday and occupied the kitchen table for a number

of hours in order to make what I have been threatening myself with for a couple of years:

post-448-1231436521_thumb.jpg

No circles are round, no right angles are 90 degrees, but as an old saying in Denmark says:

I still need to get proper pliers with round jaws in order to make the "hook" correctly, but still...

The first spring came out like this:

post-448-1231437025_thumb.jpg

Mind, the wire is too thin - 0.5 mm - 0.7 mm would be more suitable, but it's close enough to verify that the thing works.

/Henrik

Now if you can fit it with a CNC stepper motor... <_<

Peter, If am afraid that that one is a registered Jim Lucas-joke :lol:

/Henrik

Thought you would get that one, Henrik.

Tommy Williams, the great Maccann Duet player, is best known for "Spring Time in Battersea", which was a "party piece". He worked for Lachenal; see link below:

http://www.concertina.com/wayne/Wayne-Tomm...parts-1-2-3.pdf

Regards,

Peter.

Peter, If am afraid that that one is a registered Jim Lucas-joke :lol:

/Henrik

Thought you would get that one, Henrik.

Tommy Williams, the great Maccann Duet player, is best known for "Spring Time in Battersea", which was a "party piece". He worked for Lachenal; see link below:

http://www.concertina.com/wayne/Wayne-Tomm...parts-1-2-3.pdf

Regards,

Peter.

Oh, I do get it, Peter - I know the tune, I have the record (still trying to decipher what Tommy says), I am just saying that Jim Lucas beat you to it: he introduced the joke at the Scandinavian Squeeze-in some years ago when we were in spring-talking... ;)

/Henrik

Nice one Henrik. It looks a bit like that one that Geoff Crabbe had at Bradfield but I llke the idea of using wood So sensible, obviously a lateral thinker!

Well, yeah - I did take a long, hard look at Geoff's winder. And wood? At heart, I am metal man, when it comes to precision

stuff, but I didn't have the patience and time and funds to get someone to do it and I did send a loving thought to this :)

/Henrik

Oh, I do get it, Peter - I know the tune, I have the record (still trying to decipher what Tommy says), I am just saying that Jim Lucas beat you to it: he introduced the joke at the Scandinavian Squeeze-in some years ago when we were in spring-talking... ;)

/Henrik

Oh! I thought you meant "in the style of Jim Lucas".

I've heard the recording, and even I have a little problem with Tommy's accent, but then he was a Londoner!

Regards,

Peter.