"sticking" Reed Producing Constant Drone

I solved this problem temporarily back in the summer by packing the concertina in a box with one of those moisture absorber thingies, but the problem is back, and the moisture absorber thingy approach isn't working.

Another person had said they had a key sticking, and to use a bit of talcum powder, so I tried that on the reed, using a very fine, clean paint brush. This helped a little, but I'm still getting that F# "drone" from the F# reed "sticking." It's annoying when I'm playing in the keys of D or G, but anything else and it's aural torture! (If I wanted to play an instrument with a drone effect, I'd have taken up the bagpipes. <_<

I live in north central Kentucky, not far from Louisville or Lexington, or if I have to get to Cincinnati, that can be arranged as well. I need to find someone who can fix this little EC. I did leave a phone message for the Carrolls over in eastern KY, even though they make anglos, I thought maybe they could do a repair on an EC, but never heard back.

Any ideas on someone who I could get to fix this, or any ideas on home remedies?

THANKS!

peace & blessings,

bets

bbbb

Miss Betsy,

I'm in Taylor Mill, KY just south of the Ohio river. I've repaired and rebuilt over 100 concertinas. If you'd like to give me a call I'm sure I can either talk you through the problem or we can schedule an appointment for me to inspect your instrument.

I will send you my contact info by this forum's personal message.

BTW Wally Carroll has helped with dozens of people's instruments either by phone or in person. He is quite a nice guy. I'm sorry your message slipped through the cracks.

Greg

I'm sorry I missed your message Betsy. I remember my wife telling me that there was a message on our home phone and then I don't know what happened to it. I realize that you probably got my home number from my website (as this is where my workshop was located up until a few months ago). I need to update this to my mobile phone which is 513-604-1340 and which is a better number for concertina related questions.

Give Greg Jowaisas or myself a call and we can probably talk you through a quick fix over the phone.

-Wally