How To Win Friends And Influence People

LDT

I was telling the people at work about how I was learning the concertina and I showed them the video of me playing twinkle little star and they were all 'ooh, looks complicated' and 'That's a lot of buttons'.

I think they were impressed with my megre offering. lol!

Just wanted to share..no ones ever been intrested in anything I'm doing before.

Look at it this way LDT; that makes you the best concertina player at work, you are well above average :rolleyes:

:)

My boss told me the other day he used to play the accordian...badly (his words not mine) lol!

Edited by LDT

perehaps you migt be able to teach him the song, on my little concertina.

By the great Jim Garrett, he of the rocket-shaped guitar and well-turned pun. Star of Blackmore Folk Club (is that still going?) and other insalubrious dives.

According to my wife one way NOT to 'Win etc...' is to try and work out how to play 'Take The A Train' on the concertina while she is trying to work on another floor and behind a closed door.

Lots of interesting crunchy chords involved as you can probably see, but how else do I move on?

Look at it this way LDT; that makes you the best concertina player at work, you are well above average :rolleyes:

LDT,

A musician friend of mine gave me an interesting insight that builds me up every time I'm down: I may not play the concertina very well - but most people can't play it at all!

Cheers,

John

John

I like that. In a similar vein a friend once told me, after I was berating myself for forgetting words to a song and having to play an extra 'instrumental break,' - 'most of the audience wouldn't know and those that did would just see it as another variation'. When you have a memory like mine these observations are very consoling ;)

chris

Morcombe and Wise

No, no! You mean Morecambe and Wise.

Eric's memorial is just down the road from here so I couldn't let you get away with that :rolleyes:

lol! I soooo can't spell this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Funniest (funny unexpected) thing happened my grandad was looking through the concertina tutor book and suddenly starts singing one of the songs in it (grandfather Clock) ..and I'm like 'you know the tune?', he says 'Yes' so I asked him to let me record him singing it.....now I have another tune to learn :)

He didn't know any of the others though :(

Funniest (funny unexpected) thing happened my grandad was looking through the concertina tutor book and suddenly starts singing one of the songs in it (grandfather Clock) ..and I'm like 'you know the tune?', he says 'Yes' so I asked him to let me record him singing it.....now I have another tune to learn :)

He didn't know any of the others though :(

Ask Grandad to sing you ' Burlington Bertie', the man who rose at ten thirty. That was the first tune I ever played on my original 20 key Anglo !

• 1 month later...

Every time someone comes round my house I shove the concertina infront of them and go ooh have a go.....

So far I've got two converts..well almost....

First is my sisters friends little sister who I had to occupy why the adults chatted and my sister gossiped so I let her have a try of the concertina and she got it after 30mins. (now she just has to pursuade her parents to let her have one)

Now the other day there's a family we know and I'm helping out the daughter with her studies being a kind of mentor and she came round and I got out the concertina again and when try it. She got it in 10mins. And her mum tells me she's been asking if she can buy a concertina.