Rochelles - Opinions On Their Value

It seems some people think they're worth double what Lisa Wirth is selling hers for:

I bought a Rochelle and played it for about a month while I was waiting for my Norman to arrive. It's a very serviceable little instrument and great to learn on. It is in like-new condition. $275.00 plus shipping. I can send photos if you'd like.

At least, there's a guy in Dublin who has new Rochelles priced at Euro 350 (US $550), and he's selling them too - seeing that I was told this on Sunday night by somebody who had bought one off him for that price! :rolleyes:

Whilst I'm selling them here in Clare for the recommended price of Euro 265... :huh:

Here is a comment from 'for sale"that probably belongs here I think:

Just an observation for any potential buyers with regard to the Concertina Connection upgrade program.

I don't know what criteria Wim uses for deciding which Rochelles do and don't qualify for the upgrade deal - e.g. whether you have to be the original purchaser or not, but at worst you are only potentially losing out on an upgrade discount if you decide to purchase another Concertina Connection instrument. I have tried a couple of their more expensive Anglos and they are excellent instruments, yet for my personal wants a Norman was preferable - so I had no opportunity to take advantage of the upgrade discount with my Rochelle. The posts by m3838 also seem to imply that if you don't benefit from Wim's upgrade program you will lose all your money, and yet by his own admission you can re-sell the Rochelle later for at least $200 so the only real "risk" is at most $75.

Also FYI the Button Box is selling one used at the moment for $300.

Here is another:

Yes, you are right. So forget the trade-in program. (yes, you have to be original buyer).

What's left of my argument, is going prices from real buys, not bold lables.

"Also FYI the Button Box is selling one used at the moment for $300."

"Which means I'm out of date completely, or the Button Box' one will be for sale for quite a while, untill inflation will make $300 sound like a steal.

When it will be sold at asking price, then it'll mean something. Namely, that new Rochelles will be sold at some $400 plus, if Wim will still be in business. "

Here is M3838s latest contribution on the for sale section:

Aren't we breaking some simple rules?

One thing is to discuss some price on some offered inexpencive instrument, and have argumented disagreements, another is resorting to dirty suggestions, that belong to "Look at my Tits" forum.

And I thought ITM doesn't harbor such aspirations. blink.gif

Glad you moved the trhead.

You forgot to mention Cocusflute's contributions regarding butts and noses.

I just looked the thread over and don't get what the hoopla is about?

Lisa offered Rochelle at some price.

I was surprized and suggested a buyer going for it with payments in installments, and said I'd go for such price if installments were offered.

Lisa agreed that such payment option is viable and even pondered that she may include shipping in the price.

Then the crowd joined in "saving" the sale.

Why all of those volunteers didn't keep their noses... to themselves? They didn't like installments option?

But the real reason for this discussion is to draw as much attention to the sale as possible. I'm very disappointed that my other conspirator, the Mastermind of the Plot, carnivorous Woody, revealed the cards. Is this the backlash for my disapproving of invasion of Italy?

Some people.

Does anybody have opinions on the value of Rochelles?

Wim Wakker has an opinion, although may be unimportant for some: $335 last I checked.

As a seller of Rochelles I can tell you that in fact the trade-in option depends on who you bought the instrument off, as not all sellers offer it, and the sellers who do offer the trade-in only do so on instruments they have themselves sold. It isn't universal.

Anyway, most buyers don't take advantage of the trade-in, but prefer to keep the Rochelle as well as any upgrade.

... there's a guy in Dublin who has new Rochelles priced at Euro 350 (US $550), and he's selling them too - seeing that I was told this on Sunday night by somebody who had bought one off him for that price! :rolleyes:

Whilst I'm selling them here in Clare for the recommended price of Euro 265... :huh:

And in Britain they cost £269.99 (= $530), and they're selling at that price.

So it seems a lot of people value them rather highly... :unsure:

... there's a guy in Dublin who has new Rochelles priced at Euro 350 (US $550), and he's selling them too - seeing that I was told this on Sunday night by somebody who had bought one off him for that price! :rolleyes:

Wonderful!

So here's the Concertina Connection directly sells them for $335 and people happily buy them at twice the price elsewhere? Awesome! I guess it's the VAT thing and perhaps, unawareness of some simple souls. Or may be some people like the idea of walking into a store and try first. What nonsence! Those who bypass Postal Service are Enemies of the State and should pay penalties, which they already pay, so things are just as they should be.

The current sales price for the Rochelle, Jackie and Jack, including tutor gig bag and shipping within the USA and Canada is $340. At least, that is what we sell them for, and what we suggest to our dealers. In Europe and Scandinavia the suggested retail price is Euro 268.00. Most dealers offer our trade in program, or something like it.

If you want to trade in a Jackie, Jack or Rochelle, or need it serviced, I suggest you first contact the dealer you bought it from. If they can’t help you, or if you bought the instrument from a private party, contact us. I am sure we can work something out. I don’t really care if you’re the first or fifth owner. If you own one of our instruments, the least we can do is stand behind it.

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection Inc.

Wonderful!

So here's the Concertina Connection directly sells them for $335 and people happily buy them at twice the price elsewhere? Awesome! I guess it's the VAT thing and perhaps, unawareness of some simple souls. Or may be some people like the idea of walking into a store and try first. What nonsence! Those who bypass Postal Service are Enemies of the State and should pay penalties, which they already pay, so things are just as they should be.

I guess it is similar yto the situation with Ceilis which cost twice as much in the UK as they do in the US