G/d Anglo Wanted

gavdav

Well, I'm back into anglo playing in a big way and am looking for an affordable G/D box for session playing. I would prefer to pay by paypal, due to sticking it on my credit card! I'm based in the UK and am looking for something with a fast, solid action, so a lachenal is unlikely to suit. Happy with accordion reeds - Marcus, Tedrow, Morse, Edgley etc.

anyone have anything they need to part with?

Cheers

Gav

I have a 38-button G/D Crabb, made in 1924 by Henry Crabb. However you might not consider it "affordable" as I'm looking for offers above £3500 for it.

Let me know if you might be interested.

It sounds like a great box, however, significantly above my price bracket, and undoubtedly an instrument I'd struggle to do justice to!

I have a 38-button G/D Crabb, made in 1924 by Henry Crabb. However you might not consider it "affordable" as I'm looking for offers above £3500 for it.

Let me know if you might be interested.

It sounds like a great box, however, significantly above my price bracket, and undoubtedly an instrument I'd struggle to do justice to!

Why don't you order a G/D from the modern makers?

It'll probably take you as much time to "find" one, and five times more to find "affordable" one, if ever. If you're back to Anglo "big" time, what's stopping you?

It'll probably take you as much time to "find" one, and five times more to find "affordable" one, if ever. If you're back to Anglo "big" time, what's stopping you?

Simply that the second hand market is cheaper than the new market! ...and having bought a well priced C/G on here recently and seen similar G/Ds over the past few months thought it was worth asking...

Simply that the second hand market is cheaper than the new market! ...and having bought a well priced C/G on here recently and seen similar G/Ds over the past few months thought it was worth asking...

Hmm.

Out of curiousity, what was well priced C/G and what similar prices for G/Ds have been offered here?

I guess I missed a few. I'm not in the market, but would be nice to know what ballparks are there? If you don't mind.

Hmm.

Out of curiousity, what was well priced C/G and what similar prices for G/Ds have been offered here?

I guess I missed a few. I'm not in the market, but would be nice to know what ballparks are there? If you don't mind.

For accordion reeded boxes by well known makers I'm looking around the $1400-$1800 mark, however I've undoubtedly benefitted from the weak US dollar.