Upgrade To A Geuns Anglo

Sailor

What a pleasure to play a great concertina after struggling by far to long with jammed buttons and airleaking bellows. I would like to encourage those who have problems with their low-cost squeeze box but love concertina playing not to wait too long with apgrading to a good tina. It took me months of intesive practise to get rid of the bad habits i got accustomed to (playing music instead of repairing was a good deal anyway :) . Now I got a 30 key Anglo from Harry Geuns: Fast and precise action, quick respondig reeds and bellows supporting fast irish tunes. It got a delightful sweet tone (despite of accordeon reeds) and looks marvellous with its amboyna veneer.

With this note I would also like to thank the concertina.net and its members. The information prvided here was really helpful to find the concertina fitting my needs and preferences. Did others have similar problems after exchanging their instrument?

Congratulations on your new Geuns, Sailor!

To paraphrase George Bernard Shaw: A good concertina is a joy forever.

You have made a good choice! Now your playing and progress can move forward only bound by your enthusiasm and practice time.

Yes, concertina.net is a wonderful place. Kudos once again for Paul Shwartz, creator; Ken Cole, site manager; and all the thoughtful concertina community that share and contribute here.

I'm sure you will enjoy your concertina adventure all the more with your new instrument.

Greg