Bandoneon For Sale

cassqueeze

28 buttons in 3 rows on right hand, 24 buttons in 3 rows on left hand.
Then it's probably neither Chemnitzer nor Bandoneon. More likely a Karlsfelder. Is the keyboard system like this one?

http://web.uni-bamberg.de/ppp/ethnomusikol.../K-Notation.htm

Thanks for that suggestion. I've printed off the note map from the link you supplied & will check against my instrument.

The keyboard system can be found on my website www.bonnygreen.co.uk/bulletin.htm. Though it has some similarities with the Karlsfelder system, there are several significant differences. Can anyone positively identify the model and probable date of manufacture from the photograph & keyboard layout?

• 1 month later...
BANDONEON / CHEMNITZER CONCERTINA 52 BUTTON

This is a fantastic instrument for anyone wishing to extend their anglo concertina or melodeon skills . It is a large, square-ended squeezebox in brown wood with multiple-fold bellows, rich full tone (or lighter tone with touch of a lever). The action is like that of an anglo concertina, i.e. different note on push & pull, but fully chromatic with 28 buttons in 3 rows on right hand, 24 buttons in 3 rows on left hand. A, G, & D keys can be played very similarly to anglo, though full scale can be played on either push or pull . Quite possible to play in other keys as well. There are several buttons on both sides which produce bass chords at single touch. ‘Note map’ available if required. Not sure of its age but it is in very good condition and full working order. I’ve had it for some time, can get tunes out of it, but haven’t really got the time to explore its full potential. Manufacturer's name is Alfred Arnold - it is probably a very early pre-war model. Recently valued conservatively at £745 but willing to consider a sensible offer. UK delivery cost would be about £30, USA probably £70 - £80. Photograph can be emailed to anyone interested.