Photos From Nhics 2007 In Newberg, Or

Thanks for the great photos, Michael. It was a fine week filled with new tunes in a beautiful setting with a most congenial group - not to mention a master teacher! Everyone went home with plenty to work on this winter, and - as of the 21st - 15 people have paid their deposits for 08.

Cheers,

Molly

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been on C.net in several weeks, been doing some consulting work in Phoenix again and it has me pretty busy between work and travel. Not much chance to play concertina in a hotel room so I've not been too focused that direction lately.

I didn't write up details of Noel's recent Oregon class, but posted a few photos on my website the day after the class ended. Some of Michael's overlap mine in subject matter, but clearly he's provided a much broader perspective on the event. I see my titling of a shot of Noel in the middle of the concertina grouping was echoed by Michael, I wasn't sure at the time how folks might respond to it but it just seemed fitting to me. I'm currently using a version of the last shot (28 Concertinas) on my webpage as my PC "Wallpaper" and it's a good fit for my screen size, though it might be off for others.

As to details of Noel's Oregon class, although I've posted several Oregon class photos on my site, I've never posted a detailed writeup of the Oregon class because I've always felt that Crag Wagner's words describing the 2000 class pretty well captured its spirit and nature.

Nuts! Now I'm sorry that I didn't sign up, as it was only 30 miles from home. It looks like a wonderful time. Oh well, probably better that I take the time to learn enough theory and note names before diving in. I'll definitely get into the 08 group. I look foreward to meeting members .

Cheers,

Robert