Wheatstone 1932 English For Sale

iainj

I want to sell the concertina belonging to my late father. It is a 48 key Wheatstone serial number 32783, shown in the ledgers as being made in April 1932. My father bought it new and played it regularly for over 50 years. It has been refurbished, with its action rebuilt and reedwork overhauled and retuned to concert pitch.

It has nickel plated ends and five fold leather bellows and the ledger entry notes it as KVWS. I believe this refers to the wrist straps and the extra 49th key, which seems to allow the bellows to be moved releasing the air without sound. As I do not play, I may be totally wrong with this comment, though.

Some pictures are attached and others can be sent to anyone interested.

I am told it has a value of £1,250 to £1,400 and am open to offers in this area.

post-784-1187036231_thumb.jpgpost-784-1187036205_thumb.jpgpost-784-1187036177_thumb.jpg

Hello Iain,

You say the action has been rebuilt, do you know who did the work? What general area do you live in and would it be possible to take a look at it in person?

Pete.

Hi Pete,

The rebuild was by Steve Dickinson of Wheatstones. I live in Yorkshire . I am happy to show the concertina to anyone interested - and possibly meet them part way if they want to make an offer subject to sight and play. Anyone interested can e-mail me.