Top Quality English Treble Sought

John Adey

Hope someone can help.

I'm looking for a top quality English treble or tenor/treble concertina.

I'm thinking of an Aeola or Edeophone or something comparable (if you've got a spare Dipper hidden away for instance...), preferably metal ended. If it needs a bit of work to bring it to top condition that would be OK. It would need to be in the UK so I can examine/play it before decide.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Hope someone can help.

I'm looking for a top quality English treble or tenor/treble concertina.

I'm thinking of an Aeola or Edeophone or something comparable (if you've got a spare Dipper hidden away for instance...), preferably metal ended. If it needs a bit of work to bring it to top condition that would be OK. It would need to be in the UK so I can examine/play it before decide.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I bought my concertina from Chris Algar/ Barleycorn. Even before the internet I was told his name and reputation from friends in England and he´s worth it!

I would and will choose him again if I´d be keen on another instrument.

Christian

• 2 months later...

post-2528-1181424215_thumb.jpg

Hi JohnA - if you are still looking for a top quality, metal-ended treble English, drop me a line and I'll tell you about this 1912 "golden era" Wheatstone I am willing to sell.

It's a 48-key treble in superb playing condition with original leather case as well as a "flight case". Have copy of Wheatstone ledger page showing instrument's number and date of manufacture.

If you (or any other forum member) is interested, please feel free to call or text me on 07858 422812 so we can discuss.

I have also enabled email notification of replies.

I hope to have a sound file ready to email to interested parties by Monday next, June 11.

p.s. I live in the Peak District of Britain. I am a player not a dealer, not even a collector (although I do have two lovely English concertinas).

post-2528-1181422415_thumb.jpgpost-2528-1181422858_thumb.jpg