Rathlin Island

Nutmeg

Hi,

has anyone out there got the music (dots, abc, midi etc.) for the tune "Rathlin Island". I'm looking for the one whose words start - sailing southwards from Rathlin Island..., not the 1847 version. I think it was written by Brian Connor.

It starts off similar to the Mingulay Boat Song, but then drifts off in a different direction.

Thanks

Peter

Hi,

has anyone out there got the music (dots, abc, midi etc.) for the tune "Rathlin Island". I'm looking for the one whose words start - sailing southwards from Rathlin Island..., not the 1847 version. I think it was written by Brian Connor.

It starts off similar to the Mingulay Boat Song, but then drifts off in a different direction.

Thanks

Peter

Peter

Is this the one?

http://www.kinglaoghaire.com/site/lyrics/song_625.html

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

Yes Leo,

thats the one, but the tune is proving elusive. I can sing the song, and know the tune, but its not the one that keeps popping up in searches. Unless of course, the version I know is sung to an incorrect tune!!

Peter

Yes Leo,

thats the one, but the tune is proving elusive. I can sing the song, and know the tune, but its not the one that keeps popping up in searches. Unless of course, the version I know is sung to an incorrect tune!!

Peter

Peter

You might be right (a different tune). Unfortunately I came across about 50 and they were all the same tune (all wrong). :unsure:

Thanks

Leo