Today's Light Relief.

PeterT

At Witney, a lunch-time beer, with Roger Gawley, produced an interesting idea.........a new tax!

Maybe all people, over a certain age, should be taxed on the number of different types of musical instrument which they play, as follows:

0 - highest tax band

1 - zero tax

2 - low tax rate

3 - higher tax rate

etc., etc.

The aim would be to encourage people to learn an instrument, and make music. By having zero tax on those who concentrate on just one instrument, a higher number of proficient musicians should result. :unsure:

Now, where does that leave us with concertinas? :blink: A concertina is a concertina, so multiple system players obviously do not get taxed!

Remember, you read it here, first! :D

Regards,

Peter.

PS - I guess that this will create job opportunities; someone in authority will have to decide whether comb and paper, played to a modest standard, entitles the player to be called a "musician". Bodhran jokes anyone? :unsure:

Also from Witney,

Horror of horrors - As Norman Chalmers, noted Scottish Concertina performer, appeared carrying only a Bodhran case !

Then there was an audible sigh of relief, when it was opened to reveal concertina and whistles but no bodhran.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, definitely a :( :unsure: :) few moments!

Bodhrans at Witney.........I'll have to check on the dates!

Regards,

Peter.

Also from Witney,

Horror of horrors - As Norman Chalmers, noted Scottish Concertina performer, appeared carrying only a Bodhran case !

Then there was an audible sigh of relief, when it was opened to reveal concertina and whistles but no bodhran.

Steve

He had a bodhran in it last time. As well as the concertina, the shakey egg and the rattle thing. I think the dancing doll fits inside too but not the plank it dances on.

Roger