Old Concertina In Sail In Auction

vladimir

Just a hint if somebody is interested to buy an antique consertina. In an international auction in Finland is one for sale next saturday: <http://www.helander.sci.fi>

I undersoot that in this auction you can buy also by telephone or internet (make an offer). On that page seems to be telephone numbers for more information and also photographs of the objects. I don't remember now the number of the instrument, but it is there...)

lot 113.

7 fold, metal ends, looks like 30 button anglo, silver buttons. gold tooling on the leather, very old case. Lot includes an old brass samovar.

Photo is unclear enough that it could be a good instrument, or not. Jefferies crossed my mind first glance, but can't really see the ends. The gold tooling is not familiar. I have no idea. good luck

Maybe could call that auction and ask about the details, in Finland people speak usually english...they maybe would send even a better picture by email, if asked.

In Finland concertinas are rare and propably not so many people are interested, so could get that treasure with a reasonable price ;))

Sorry, Steve, but I have an inset ended hybrid Jeffries 49 key with Crabb ends (Geoff Crabb verified these as very probably Crabb ends and Jeffries reeds), reconditioned/rebellowed by the Dippers.

Messers Byrne, Prebble, Davis, Wayne et. al. are all familiar with this instrument and the Jeffries name stamp is the only oddity.

I have photos on my digital camera which I will upload a.s.a.p.

Sorry, Steve, but I have an inset ended hybrid Jeffries 49 key with Crabb ends ...

Geoff,

There's always one! :rolleyes:

But isn't that how you prove the rule? ;)

I have photos on my digital camera which I will upload a.s.a.p.

I'd be intrigued, but I could probably tell a lot more from having it in my hands. :huh:

Steve,

I am stopping at Crottys pub next week (planes allowing), you will no doubt get your hands on it.

The buttons are very tall and thin, and the best bit is the bushing board which is fastened onto the reedpan so you can take the lid off and the buttons stop where they are - a brilliant idea.

post-158-1155237640_thumb.jpg

post-158-1155237678_thumb.jpg

post-158-1155237715_thumb.jpg

post-158-1155237741_thumb.jpg

Today is this auction (begins about 10.00 London time?)

Here still the numbers for contact: (it is not necessary to be present in Helsinki, can also make offer by internet BEFORE the auction if I understood correctly)

Tel: (gsm) +358-400 860 218, +358-9-7287281

Fax: +358-9-7287287

• 2 months later...
Dis anybody have success with this lot? :ph34r:

Hello Vladimir,

I bought the concertina from Finland.

It is a lachenal metal-ended in high pitch Aflat/Eflat made for the Salvation Army.

See SA cut into one of the ends.

It requires a little work, but even as it is a has surprisingly good volume and a 'bark' to it.

The response is very quick and the overall quality of the instrument is excellent, with 7 fold bellows and fancy Lachenal bellows papers.

I'm very pleased with it and intend to keep it in its old tuning.

Des

Dis anybody have success with this lot? :ph34r:

Hello Vladimir,

I bought the concertina from Finland.

It is a lachenal metal-ended in high pitch Aflat/Eflat made for the Salvation Army.

See SA cut into one of the ends.

It requires a little work, but even as it is it has surprisingly good volume and a 'bark' to it.

The response is very quick and the overall quality of the instrument is excellent, with 7 fold bellows and fancy Lachenal bellows papers.

I'm very pleased with it and intend to keep it in its old tuning.

Thanks for pointing it out.

I couldn't get a very good description from the auctioneer, but took a 'flier', I paid fairly decent money for it but I'm more than pleased with the outcome.

See Pics at http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/destracey/lachenal/[/url]

thanks

Des