C/g Versus G/d

I have a Hohner 20 button c/g anglo and presently looking at a 30 button g/d instrument. To prevent confusion and having to relearn the same tunes over again, I am hoping that a g/d instrument would have the same fingering patterns as the c/g, but just comes out in a different key. ie on the c/g when playing a DEG run I cross over to the c row to catch the E note. On the g/d instrument the E would most likely be in a different location causing all sorts of confusion.

I would greatly like some help from someone in the know. Thank you, Rock Garton

Edited by Rock Garton

I have a Hohner 20 button c/g anglo and presently looking at a 30 button g/d instrument. To prevent confusion and having to relearn the same tunes over again, I am hoping that a g/d instrument would have the same fingering patterns as the c/g, but just comes out in a different key. ie on the c/g when playing a DEG run I cross over to the c row to catch the E note. On the g/d instrument the E would most likely be in a different location causing all sorts of confusion.

I would greatly like some help from someone in the know. Thank you, Rock Garton

Rock,

Welcome to this forum. To answer your question in an indirect way: the relation between the C and G row on your 20b Hohner will relatively the same for the G and D row on your 30b G/D. So the fingering patterns will be in fact the same, but you're playing in another key.

What new for you is of course the accidental row! Having this accidental row, I wonder why you did not go for a 30 b C/G instead of a 30 b G/D..??