Northwest Squeeze-in

I've been doing some research, and have found at least one cabin facility (the same setup used for the SESI) near Mt. Rainier that would be happy to have us. I have requests to other facilities (including a Lodge) still outstanding.

As planning moves along, when would be a good time? The Northwest Folklife festival is in Seattle Friday-Monday of Memorial Day Weekend. If we scheduled the NWSI for Friday/Saturday or Friday/Saturday/Sunday, that would still leave people who wanted to Monday (and possibly Sunday) for the larger festival.

Would this timing work for people? Who would be interested in attending?

--Dave

[Edited to correct the Folklife dates]

Edited by Dave Weinstein

• 1 month later...

The only question has to do with timing.

I'm also working on a folk festival (music, arts, crafts, etc) for the first weekend in August, that is on a much larger scale, and I'm curious as to whether or not people would be interested in a last weekend in July event rather than Memorial Day weekend.

Please, if you are considering attending, let me know whether you would prefer Memorial Day weekend, or the last weekend in July, for 2006.

--Dave

Hi Dave,

I would be able to attend at least a day or so if on Memorial Day weekend, may be hosting some artists for folklife but don't know yet. If not, then could make Sat. & Sun for sure....just live down the road from the location you mentioned. Family gathering on the last weekend of July for me..., if you want a website for the gathering let me know and I can whip up something cheesy and simple :blink:

Lars

After thinking about it, I realized that the weekend before the festival would be very bad for me -- since I'll be frantically running around trying to make sure everything is set to go.

So, I hope to have a location for Memorial Day Weekend lined up this week.

--Dave