6 David Cornell Duet arrangements of tunes by Matt Heumann

Though there is a subgroup for Duet players, I am an English Treble player and composer. However, the late, great McCaan Duet player David Cornell asked to arrange several of my tunes for duet. Since he is no longer here to present them himself, I'll be posting them in his memory in .Musicxlm, .xlm, midi, & .mp3 formats. If you are a Finale user, you may request an original .musx. I am also including the original melody only English treble arrangement in the same formats for those who don't play Duet.

There will be six of his arrangements in total, each posted individually, so look further down the topic!

Enjoy! ---Matt Heumann

The first tune in this collection is a chromatic hornpipe: The Imperial Hornpipe

Imperial Hornpipe for Duet Concertina.midi Imperial Hornpipe for Duet Concertina.musicxml Imperial Hornpipe for Duet Concertina.xml Imperial Hornpipe -melody.midi Imperial Hornpipe -melody.musicxml Imperial Hornpipe for Duet Concertina.xml

Edited by Matthew Heumann
additional info in text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here is the 2nd David Cornell Duet arrangement:  my hornpipe Spring Fever, in .Musicxlm, .xlm, midi, & .mp3 formats. If you are a Finale user, you may request an original .musx. I am also including the original melody only English treble arrangement in the same formats for those who don't play Duet.

Spring Fever Hornpipe -Duet arr.midi Spring Fever Hornpipe -Duet arr.musicxml Spring Fever Hornpipe -Duet arr.xml Spring Fever-melody.musicxml Spring Fever -melody.xml Spring Fever-melody.midi

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matthew Heumann said:

(...)  David Cornell Duet arrangements:   in .Musicxlm, .xlm, midi, & .mp3 formats. (...)

Any dots available Matt?

Cornell arrangement #3 "What Was I Thinking?" composed by me in 2006,

in .Musicxlm, .xlm, midi, pdf & .mp3 formats. If you are a Finale user, you may request an original .musx. I am also including the original melody only English treble arrangement in the same formats for those who don't play Duet. I've also added the "dots" for the previous 2 arrangements Imperial Hornpipe & Spring Fever as requested:

What was I thinking -Duet arr.midi What was I thinking -Duet arr.musicxml What was I thinking -Duet arr.pdf What was I thinking -Duet arr.xml What Was I Thinking -melody.midi What was I thinking -melody.musicxml What was I thinking -melody.pdf What was I thinking -melody.xml Spring Fever Hornpipe -Duet arr.pdf Spring Fever-melody.pdf

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

David Cornell Duet Concertina Arrangement #4: "The Green Man's Lair" composed by me in 2006. Saved in .pdf, .Musicxlm, .xlm, midi, & .mp3 formats. If you are a Finale user, you may request an original .musx. I am also including the original melody only English treble arrangement in the same formats for those who don't play Duet.

Green Man's Lair -Duet arr.midi Green Man's Lair -Duet arr.pdf Green Man's Lair -Duet arr.musicxml Green Man's Lair -Duet arr.xml green man's lair-melody.pdf green man's lair-melody.musicxml green man's lair-melody.xml

• Like 1

David Cornell Duet Concertina Arrangement #5: "Nocturne No. 2" composed by me in 1985. He actually sped it up into a waltz, but I've slowed it here back to its original "nocturne" tempo.

Saved in .pdf, .Musicxlm, .xlm, midi, & .mp3 formats. If you are a Finale user, you may request an original .musx. I am also including the original melody only English treble arrangement in the same formats for those who don't play Duet.

Nocturne No.2 -Duet arr.pdf Nocturne No.2 -Duet arr.midi Nocturne No.2 -Duet arr.musicxml Nocturne No.2 -Duet arr.xml Nocturne No. 2 -melody.pdf Nocturne No. 2 -melody.musicxml

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 6:38 PM, Matthew Heumann said:

Ask and you shall receive -Matt

and grateful I is too 

Thanks Matt  ☺️

Posted (edited)

This is the final installment of Dave's wonderful arrangements of my tunes. We all wish he'd been around longer to continue his brilliant music. He is missed!

David Cornell Duet Concertina Arrangement #6: "Mariner's waltz" composed by me in 1972. I corrected it to include the original repeats which Dave omitted.

Saved in .pdf, .Musicxlm, .xlm, midi, & .mp3 formats. If you are a Finale user, you may request an original .musx. I am also including the original melody only English treble arrangement in the same formats for those who don't play Duet.

Mariner's Waltz -Duet concertina arr.midi Mariner's Waltz -Duet concertina arr.pdf Mariner's Waltz -Duet concertina arr.musicxml Mariner's Waltz -Duet concertina arr.xml Mariner's Waltz -melody.midi Mariner's Waltz -melody.pdf Mariner's Waltz -melody.musicxml Mariner's Waltz -melody.xml

correction to text
  • Like 2

• Matthew Heumann changed the title to 6 David Cornell Duet arrangements of tunes by Matt Heumann