A Pirate Song (video & sheet music)

I often compose while watching old movies. I was working on some folk song arrangements one day in 2008, when the movie "The Buccaneer" came on and this was the the strange result. Included are the YouTube video and pdf sheet music. I'm not a singer and mostly love just creating English concertina song arrangements to share with others, so Enjoy!

Sing Arrgg if You're a Pirate.pdf

• Like 2

Great to hear some singing with concertina, there's not enough of it.  You say you're not a singer Matt but of course you are or what did I just hear? You may not sing much but even a bit qualifies you.  Good stuff, don't be self demeaning. Nice accompaniment too.

Steve: Thanks for the compliment. When I say I'm not a singer, it's not that I can't sing, I just seldom do it, usually just to work out an arrangement for EC. It's funny that I first bought a concertina 50+ years ago to sing with, but there were 2 big problems: 1- couldn't play well enough and knew nothing about music. 2- Everyone said I sounded like a 60 yr-old man ( I was 22). But now that I'm 73, it doesn't bother me as much. But I still mostly play and sometimes sing at home, not many people near us.

By the way, you might enjoy the 3 Aussie folk songs I did EC arrangements for ( I have friends and family near Melbourne, one of whom said I reminded him of Bert Lloyd----A huge compliment, he was one of the reasons I got into Folk Music).

Cheers!

---Matt

Edited by Matthew Heumann
mistake in text
  • Like 2