s: vs. w: to add tablature to an ABC file...

In this old thread there was some discussion (a side-bar to the main topic) about what mechanism to use to insert tablature (tabs, note-names, ABC-names) to a score.

At the time I said that my preferred option was to use text annotations to do this. Fairly soon after this, I changed my mind, and started using lyrics (w:) lines as the vehicle for carrying the tablature, and have done so for some time now. I also wondered if symbol (s:) lines were a viable third option but didn't do anything about it. As a result of recent discussions, I finally got my act together and tried this. It seems to work, although there are up-sides and down-sides to this. Here's an example of what it looks like (not very good quality, I'm afraid):

1234.png.29c92895a01c4e68f7aecc5ec344e6a3.png

This is the only practical presentation as far as I can see. The accompaniment chords and s: lines seem to be tied together, they both use the same font, and moving them below the staff results in the accompaniment chords and tabs becoming mis-aligned, so it's limited - It looks 'better than I thought it did at first', though

Question: Has anyone else here tried using ABC symbol (s:) lines as a way of adding tablature to a score? How d'ye think it looks?

Ta.

(Moderators, please move to more appropriate forum if necessary - I couldn't decide...)

At present, I haven't actually modified my program(s) to do this, but am using an edit 'macro' to convert a file using lyrics (w:) lines to a a file using symbol (s:) lines...

1,2,3,4.abc

Edited by Roger Hare