For Sale: 30b G/D Lachenal

DavidFR

I'm looking to see if there's any interest in my 30b G/D Lachenal, #156154. I'm the lucky owner of a 38b Holden, and don't play this very much any more. It's a little hard to let go, but it should be played more.

This is a mahogany-ended, steel-reed instrument that was originally in Ab/Eb and likely made for the Salvation Army marching band. It has the hardware to attach a marching band music holder, though I was never able to source one.

It was rebuilt by Paul Groff, with Connor riveted action and Connor custom 6-fold bellows, and tuned down a half step to G/D. He also removed the baffles and enlarged the air button capacity. I've had it in once to the Button Box for minor repairs, but it's been a reliable instrument for me otherwise. I think it has a beautiful tone - but more mellow and less strident than a metal ended box; and it's as fast and responsive as you'll get from a low-pitch Lachenal.

I'm asking $4,000. The instrument is in the Philadelphia area, and comes with a used custom-blocked case from the Button Box. Please reach out with any questions!

Right Side.jpg

Left Side.jpg

Closed.jpg

Extended.jpg

Bellows.jpg

Double Air Button.jpg

Action.jpg

Case.jpg

Reed pan in.jpg

Reed pan out.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2023 at 10:50 PM, DavidFR said:

I'm looking to see if there's any interest in my 30b G/D Lachenal, #156154. I'm the lucky owner of a 38b Holden, and don't play this very much any more. It's a little hard to let go, but it should be played more.

The Groff hot-rodded Lachenals can be outstanding instruments.  I know - i have one, in CG.