Collection for sale!! (Only two left!)

paaudio

So, sadly, I can no longer justify, (well to my wife actually!), having 6 concertinas and reluctantly I am prepared to sell up to five of the six….. :(

1.       A George Jones C/G metal ended, 34 button, (30 + two drones “C” & “D”) AND two “specials” (Bird “cheep” and whistle), 5 fold bellows. Fully serviced by Andrew Norman in 2019 (tuned, re-valved, air leaks and woodwork sorted) : SOLD! Donation made to Concertina.net

2.      A George Jones C/G  metal ended 32 button, 6 fold bellows. Completely rebuilt by Andrew Norman in 2020 from an absolute wreck I took a punt on from that well know on-line auction site. The complete story from Andrew’s Facebook page…..

Basket-case restoration, before and after pictures.

This had been described by an e-bay seller as a Wheatstone, who, having looked at serial numbers, concluded it must be an early Wheatstone Anglo! My customer was not so sure (Caveat emptor!). It is in fact, a George Jones. When it came to me it had over a dozen wrong reeds, rough and split Lachenal bellows, black sides (with holes!) and a number of buttons, levers, strap-screws, and other parts missing. The ends had lost their plating too. So what was special about this? Well, nothing really, but a similar metal ended bone-buttoned Lachenal Anglo when properly restored will fetch around £2,300 (2020 prices, see our website) so it makes it worthwhile spending money on something like this. It now has all Jones reeds (with other reed-tongues replaced where severely abused) repaired woodwork refinished like the original Jones finish, and re-plated ends. Buttons, levers, pads, and strap-screws, all to match Jones pattern, and new bellows with new frames to match the woodwork exactly. Definitely on a par with a responsive metal ended Lachenal Anglo, but with a different character, so should be worth about the same. That's what makes it worthwhile...... besides we like a challenge! Find out what we can do with your broken, neglected, or abandoned projects.”

£2100

3.      (mostly) Lachenal metal ended 32 button Bb/F serviced by Andrew Norman in 2020. The action sections (i.e. the woodwork, endplates, buttons levers etc.) are Lachenal. These end sections have been attached to frames from another make, and the reedpans belong to that concertina. Sold!

4.      Lachenal 26 button B/F# serviced by David Elliot in 2018 , re-valved, new pads, retuned to concert pitch, various woodwork fixes £800 SOLD!

5.      Jeffries 26 button Bb/F . Typical Jeffries “bark” Very loud & responsive. In very good order and has been looked after. I usually play Wheatstone / Lachenal layout so I have currently swapped the C#and D# on the outer row to suit my preference, although I’m happy to swap them back if a buyer wants. £2600

So now only 2 concertinas left.  If someone buys the remaining two concertinas at the same time I will throw in a Swan double flight case, (which you can foam out to suit the two concertinas)

The Crabb in the ”collection” picture is definitely not for sale!! :)

Individual pictures and sound files for each of the concertinas are available at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3mwp44g3cpc7yv1/AAAxn6GaFPUD0v1w1Pf1LnDwa?dl=0

Donation to Concertina.Net will be made on sales :)

Some of the Mp4 files hadn't loaded to the correct folders. They are all there now!

Edited by paaudio
another concertina sold
  • Like 1

• paaudio changed the title to Collection for sale!! (Only two left!)