London workshop lessons

Not that I know of. The only workshops I’ve found have been those organised by the annual Return to London Town festival. They have had Mícheál O Raghallaigh, Noel Hill & Michelle Mulcahy among others. It’s in October at various venues in Cricklewood. Until then, the best option is probably online, e.g. I think BELFASTTRAD are still doing online group lessons (if you’re interested in Irish traditional).

Hi Kerry.

I understand to wish to learn to play the concertina.  You do not specify which system but I suspect it is an Anglo rather than a English concertina.

The Chiltitia Concertina Group based in Maulden, Bedfordshire just south of Bedford  are a group of mixed level players of all systems and we have the facilities to teach them all.  We meet once a month at Maulden Church Hall and in between have a Zoom only sessions.

If you have your own transport it is probably an hour to an hour and a half  drive depending where you live or you can take a train to Flitwick station on the Bed/Pan line and be met there and taken back to the station afterwards.

Take a look at our website: http://www.chiltinas.org.uk/ for more information about the group or contact me via my email address to be found on the website.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Martin H.