SOLD: affordable starter 20-button Anglo concertina, SOLD$135SOLD for this Italian-made Frontalini, runs well but needs new handstraps

MatthewVanitas

This item has been Sold

I picked up this concertina thinking to repair it... and it turns out it works  well just as-is, so I'm looking to sell it to some noob needing a really affordable first instrument.

Body is overall in good shape, keys are working (buyer should probably spend $4 for tubing to replace the linkages just to make it yet better). It's in tune with itself and running a consistent-ish 1/16th of a tone sharp per my phone, so not really much off concert pitch. The compression is decent but not perfect, buyer might want to tighten it up just a smidge. The main downside is the hand-straps aren't adjustable and the straps to close the instrument (which aren't mandatory, True concertinas generally don't have those anyway) are torn.

Not to be getting all picky, but since I'm not making a profit on this one, I'd like to sell it to someone who's really on a tight budget. If you can afford $300 for a used Rochelle instead, that's probably an even better deal for you, so I'd prefer to sell to someone who's totally fine with 20-button (like wants to do folksinging or sea shanties or whatnot) and is on a tight budget, because we don't have too many boxes this affordable posted here.

UPDATE: here's a demo of all the reeds sounding:

Asking $135 plus actual shipping costs to you from the US East Coast, or if you're in the DC-NYC stretch I might be able to meet you in person once quarantine dies down.

IMG_6516.JPG

Edited by MatthewVanitas

• 2 weeks later...

I am a beginner looking for a 20-button anglo for my first concertina. Could you post a video or link to a video demonstrating all of the reeds working? I'd like to hear its tone and make sure that there are no major repairs I would need to make before I offer to buy it.

21 hours ago, Caleb Waldrop said:

I am a beginner looking for a 20-button anglo for my first concertina. Could you post a video or link to a video demonstrating all of the reeds working? I'd like to hear its tone and make sure that there are no major repairs I would need to make before I offer to buy it.

Sure, give me a couple days to find the right time and place to demonstrate it. And note as said it'll need new leather straps (really easy to do, no major skills required), which is why I'm selling it this cheap. Definitely a better deal than $200 for a China-made Hohner or Bonetti.

I'll post in this thread and message you when I have the video up.

Edited by MatthewVanitas

On 5/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, Caleb Waldrop said:

Here's the demo of all reeds as requested (and I've added it to the original post too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4LaDzkgZZU