Exceptional Lachenal Boyd treble... NOW ONLY £1650

david robertson

These instruments, made specially for Harry Boyd's Newcastle music store, are rare and sought-after - and this is, by some distance, the best one that has passed through my hands in 15 years.

In fact, the condition was so good and original when I acquired it that I have resisted the temptation to do anything externally other than clean and polish the ends and the woodwork, and fit new thumb-straps.

Internally, I have replaced all pads, valves and bushes, and tuned the instrument to modern concert pitch. (It's a cracking set of reeds, by the way - as fast and responsive as you could wish for.)

It comes with a mahogany case which is probably not the original, but is in good, serviceable condition.

I mentioned that these Boyd instruments are sought-after, but frankly, this one hasn't been sought after enough, so I'm having a January sale (and hoping it won't extend into February!) With £200 off the previous asking price, this is not just an exceptional instrument, but also represents exceptional value.

20190925_173438.jpg

20190925_173256.jpg

20190925_172943.jpg

20190925_173102.jpg

20190925_173014.jpg