Concertina Workshop

brightfield

About 25 years ago I taught myself to play the English Concertina using Alastair Anderson's wonderful Concertina Workshop book and record. For various reasons, I returned to the guitar which was demanding increasing amounts of time (I was playing in a classical duo at the time) and I sold the concertina.

I have now returned to the concertina and have a Jackie student model. I have been surprised how quickly the ability to play it has returned to me and I am now looking for a copy of Concertina Workshop - just love those hornpipes and Sir Sidney Smith's March!

I see that I can obtain an authorised photocopy of CW from the US but wonder if anyone knows if authorised copies are available in the UK please, and if so where from?

Also, I've looked at the excellent tune-o-tron on concertina.net and wonder if anyone would be able to suggest some suitable tunes for playing on my 31 button English, by someone who has just about graduated from beginner status and is looking for something more challenging.

Many thanks in anticipation

Tom Cunliffe, Guildford, Surrey, England.

Also, I've looked at the excellent tune-o-tron on concertina.net and wonder if anyone would be able to suggest some suitable tunes for playing on my 31 button English, by someone who has just about graduated from beginner status and is looking for something more challenging.

On a 31 button English, you should be able to play most of the tunes in the tune-o-tron, and with the tune-o-tron's ability to play the tunes on your computer as MIDI files, you can listen for yourself and choose tunes that you like the sound of.