G/d Anglo Wanted

just4fun

I am hoping to find a suitable anglo concertina that fills the following criteria;

Second hand in decent condition up to £1500. G/D Concert pitch (A=440). Min 6 fold bellows. Min 30 buttons. Something like a Morse, Marcus etc.

My situation is that I've been playing the Melodeon for a few years and want to try to add another string to my bow. I play in sessions quite a lot and also accompany a fiddle player fairly often so something that could just about hold it's own in a session but equally is not going to drown out a fiddle would be ideal.

I live in South Wales but obviously would be happy to travel a reasonable distance for the right sounding thing.

I await the avalanche of offers.......!

Ollie

Hi Ollie

You might just get a decent antique instrument against your specification for that sort of price - so worth considering any refurbed Lachenal or Jones boxes out there - Chris Algar of Barleycorn concertinas may have something in that bracket.

That said I know Theo Gibb (of this forum) has a Tedrow instrument that might meet your spec. I'm an English Concertina player, but have heard one of these played and liked it. It also looked well put together.

http://www.theboxplace.co.uk/purchase/concertina/cat_13.html

Good luck!