A 1900-1920 Paolo Woodie, 12-Buttons Rt, 3 Buttons Left

texasxcop69

Hello All... I have recently acquired a very nice, all-wood, Paolo Soprani "button-box" or melodeon. All parts seem to be intact: Pearl buttons & reeds, decorative reed cover with cloth under it, the very good bellow ( assumed to be lamb skin), and withy awesome volumn. One of the original leather straps is broken from wear. The identifying "old-school window" has the Paolo Soprani name, with "Comm, Paolo Soprani & Figli", and Premiata Fabbrica Armoniche, and Castelfidardo (Italia). Above & below the center Name window are two other windows showing a young man. This model has 12 keys total on the Treble side, with 9 in 1st row and 3 in 2nd row, for "repeat notes" in reverse. It is believed to be in key "A" but not sure. The left, Bass, side has 2 buttons on the front and 1 button on the back. The instrument is very similar to a Giustozzi melodeon I found pictured on the Internet.

This instrument is all wood...No plastic parts. I believe it to have been made in the 1900-1920 time frame. I would like to sell this fine old specimen of Paolo's early work. Please contact me if interested, or if you have info about it. Thank-you very much. Jim.

post-10701-0-32209700-1375063470_thumb.jpg