English Country Music Weekend 2012

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I posted anything, but I visit the forums regularly and continue to enjoy the discussions.

I'm organising ecmw again this year and the website is now updated and well worth a look if you're considering attending: http://www.ecmwbrightlingsea.com/index.html

This year's highlight for concertina players will be Dan Worrall's presentation on the traditional octave style of playing which is the subject of his latest publication. Dan will follow his talk with a practical workshop.

It's not mentioned on the website, but I know that Mike Hebbert, the virtuoso of the Jeffries Duet and one of last year's guests, will be with us again this year in a private capacity and a number of other concertina players have already stated that they'll be there: Mark Davies, Chris Timson, Chas Marshall...... add your own name if you'd like to. Alan Day emailed me only a few hours ago offering to host a Saturday morning session in the Beer Tent so that's another fine player who'll be there.

Another guest returning from last year in a private capacity is Martin Clarke, not a concertina player, but a fine musician and singer. This year also sees a rare visit to the south of England by Jim Bainbridge, winner of many a Scottish melodeon playing competition and the guv'nor on the G/D Hohner.

If you'd like more information than the website offers, please email me.

I hope I can be forgiven for using this great site for a little bit of publicity, but ecmw is a splendid weekend which you're bound to enjoy if you can get to it.

Best wishes,

Roger

Too early for me which is a shame because I had a lovely time last year and would happily do it again.

Oh shame ! I was rather hoping to finally say hello in person. :(

Edited by Irene S

Too early for me which is a shame because I had a lovely time last year and would happily do it again.

Oh shame ! I was rather hoping to finally say hello in person. :(

It's certainly about time isn't it?