Wheatstone Anglo C/G 30 button Linota

ben

I have 1926 Wheatstone Anglo C/G Linota for sale. PM if interested or if you have any questions.

In the event that a member of this forum is interested in this concertina and buys it then the appropriate donation will be made to C.net (c/o Paul Schwartz).

Edited by Ben

HEllo Dick....I will put a video sound sample within the next hour and a half. I have had a few Linota's over the last ten years..and this has the classic authentic Linota sound. My only regret is that the person who replace the old bellows did not place black bellows on it.

Cheers,

Ben

Looks very nice indeed.

Do you have any sound files or videos of this Concertina in action, to tempt us even more? ;)

Cheers,

Dick

HEllo Dick....I will put a video sound sample within the next hour and a half.

Thanks Ben, I look forward to hearing it.

Cheers,

Dick

Hello Dick,

Please see the link to ebay....there is a video clip sound sample. If I only had an excellent concertina player to do justice to the concertina....

Hello Dick,

Please see the link to ebay....there is a video clip sound sample. If I only had an excellent concertina player to do justice to the concertina....

Thanks Ben, it sounds excellent.

By the way, how is it that the Bellows appear to be pale GREEN in the video?

Are the photos on eBay closer to the actual colour?

Cheers,

Dick

Hello Dick,

Thanks Ben, it sounds excellent.

By the way, how is it that the Bellows appear to be pale GREEN in the video?

Are the photos on eBay closer to the actual colour?

Cheers,

Dick

Hello Dick...the photos on ebay are more accurate. The bellows are brown and the bellows paper are a tan colour. The lighting was not that good in the video. If I had time I would have asked Wim Wakker, Greg Jowaisas or Frank Edgley to make a new set of black bellows (although the current set of bellows are brand new). This particular Linota's sounds are clearer and sharper than my S. Dickenson Wheatstone 40 button concertina (sorry, S.D.).

"Green" may appeal to our friends from the Emerald Isle :rolleyes: . St. Patrick's Day is coming....

Edited by Ben

For anyone interested in a Wheatstone Anglo, you may be interested to note that this one didn't quite reach the reserve asking price, 1st time around {last night}, but the good news is that it's up there again, for another 12 hours or so.

I'd be tempted myself, except for that hefty 20% Tax & Import Duty I'd have to pay, to bring it back over here, which puts it out of reach, for me. :(

Cheers,

Dick