The Witch of Glentow & The Black Nun!

Ptarmigan

Two of my own wee tunes, The Witch of Glentow & The Black Nun, played on a 26k C/G Jeffries.

Just for the record, the Witch of Glentow was a recluse, who lived just outside Ballycastle here & is said to have been murdered by two local youths, who both died mysteriously within a year of her death.

Bonamargy Friary is supposed to be haunted by the Ghost of the Black Nun, Julia McQuillan, who lived there alone after the Friary fell out of use, in 1641. The story is that the Black Nun was murdered on the steps leading to the upper floor of the Friary.

The Black Nun

Cheers,

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

I thoroughly enjoyed my tour of the ruins and the music cracked along pleasingly too; and it all seemed to go together well as an ensemble to boot. Thanks Dick!

(does anyone say 'to boot' any more or have I been reading too many charity shop books again?)

I thoroughly enjoyed my tour of the ruins and the music cracked along pleasingly too; and it all seemed to go together well as an ensemble to boot. Thanks Dick!

(does anyone say 'to boot' any more or have I been reading too many charity shop books again?)

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

The fact is, I got a new iMac from Santa & I'm having lots of fun, learning how to use iMovie.

I'm also starting to play around with Garage Band. In fact, I recorded a Concertina {Baritone / Treble} & Mandolin {Sobell} duet myself today, just using the built in Mic & this is the result. I'm sure, once I find out how to attach my good Stereo Mic to the Mac, I'll get far better results.

Josefin's Waltz

Cheers,

Dick