Saltarello

Guest Rebecca

Guest Rebecca

Hi, everybody. I'm a new user. I just got back from Italy where I bought a Paolo Soprani saltarello. Where can I learn more about the saltarello? How can I best begin to learn to play?

Rebecca,

The Saltarello is a button accordion, not a concertina. So this is not really the best place to be asking the question. Many of us here play button accordions in addition to concertinas, but the focus of this Web site is concertinas -- principally Anglo, English, and Duet concertinas.

The web site Squeezebox 101 will give you an overview of the varieties of concertinas and accordions.

That said, some of us might be able to point you to some learning resources if you can tell us more about your instrument. From a dealer's web page, I learned that Paolo Soprani Salterello accordions come in several different models, with different numbers of buttons per row (ranging from 6+2 to 11+10). How many buttons does yours have? And, more importantly, in what keys are the rows?

If you're in North America, you might want to call The Button Box (413-549-0171) and/or visit their web site. They sell both concertinas and accordions, and they have an extensive collection of books, videos, and other learning resources for squeezeboxes of many different types. If you can describe to them what you have, they can tell you what they have in the way of study materials.