Last Minute Openings In Noel Hill Midwest

If you've been following the Noel Hill threads elsewhere you may know that unfortunately Rhomylly and Ellen have had to cancel their reservations for Noel Hill Midwest beginning August 15. We hope to see them at the next Midwest (or in Ireland?!).

In checking with Linda Mann's husband I've found that at least those two spots are open if someone would like to attend this year's camp. There may be another additional opening or two. Linda will be home this weekend. You can check with her through the NHICS site included in the concertina.net Links section on the home page.

Camp is a lot of fun and a lot of hard work (if you consider spending some intense time playing your concertina "work"). Noel provides a world of inspiration; you provide the perspiration. I found last year's Midwest group supportive and friendly with some "interesting" behavior that you might expect from concertina afficionados. Lots of great instruments to see and folks who are willing to let you try theirs out. Wally Carroll's #2 will be there. I received his 30b C/G last week and it is one nice box! But why take my word for it? Grab one of the open slots and come give it a test ride yourself!

Regards, Greg

I just received an update from Linda Mann who helps coordinate Noel Hill's concertina camps. Linda has informed me that you folks who have been dragging your feet in registering because part of your concertina quartet would be left behind no longer have an excuse.

We have FOUR! openings as of right now.

NHICS Midwest begins Monday, August 16 and ends Friday August 20th.

Noel usually has novice, intermediate, and advanced groups. Your group meets with Noel twice a day and you practice like mad the rest of the time. In past years Noel has given an evening concert towards the end of the week.

Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Intntl Airport is 10 minutes away from camp. I'll even come pick you up (a quartet will be tight!).

You can email Linda at: tmmann@snet.net

Regards, Greg

Well Jim, since the Latonia harness racing track is within sight of Marydale where the camp is held, I suppose it depends on the exact route that you take from the airport that would make travel by horse practical or not!

I wouldn't "bet" against it.

Greg