Lachenal 32 button anglo - in Australia

Smiley

A good friend has died and I'm selling his anglo concertina on behalf of the family. I'd prefer to sell it to someone in Australia to avoid the hassles of international freight etc. The serial number is 76192 which I think dates it to around 1899. Chris Ghent checked it out and said it was the best Lachenal he'd played, and it's in good condition. It has 30 buttons plus a button on each end with 'novelty' sounds. I live near Sydney NSW and I'm looking to sell it for A$3500. Some photos should be attached. There's no hurry to sell it, and hopefully it'll go to a player who will treasure the instrument. Regards, Ian

post-8868-0-07217100-1309213441_thumb.jpg

post-8868-0-04623500-1309213683_thumb.jpg

A good friend has died and I'm selling his anglo concertina on behalf of the family. I'd prefer to sell it to someone in Australia to avoid the hassles of international freight etc. The serial number is 76192 which I think dates it to around 1899. Chris Ghent checked it out and said it was the best Lachenal he'd played, and it's in good condition. It has 30 buttons plus a button on each end with 'novelty' sounds. I live near Sydney NSW and I'm looking to sell it for A$3500. Some photos should be attached. There's no hurry to sell it, and hopefully it'll go to a player who will treasure the instrument. Regards, Ian

Condolences on the loss of your friend. What a lovely looking instrument. Is it safe to assume that, absent any comment on the instrument's key, it is a C/G box? What are the novelty sounds? I've seen birds and baby cries before, but who knows what things might be possible.

Condolences on the loss of your friend. What a lovely looking instrument. Is it safe to assume that, absent any comment on the instrument's key, it is a C/G box? What are the novelty sounds? I've seen birds and baby cries before, but who knows what things might be possible.

Yes, it's a C/G anglo and the funny sounds are squawks and whistles. I suppose they could be retuned to something more useful. Makes you wonder how they were used originally.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I haven't sold this concertina yet, so if there's anyone in Australia after a nice instrument then give me a call. At the National I got feedback that the asking price was too high and I'll be more realistic about its value now.

Ian

• 3 years later...