Exciting Second Meeting

Hello All,

The second San Diego Concertina Club meeting was held last Sunday. It was four people, myself (Russell), Mary, Michael, and John. Michael and John were so good! Mary and I listened more than we played. Food and drink was to be had, music was shown around, and we even played together a few tunes. Pipes and Guitar and a melodeon were also played, and played well.

It was great.

I was loaned a Wheatstone 56 button English for a moment. I played Oak and Ash and Thorn. What a difference! I was able to play much faster than I could with my Jackie. I was surprised, I think that it's my playing that is slow, but even so it proved that I could play faster on a faster instrument. I will have to save up and trade the Jackie for a Wakker. It might take a while, but why should that discourage me, hmm?

We will do this again next month, June 19th. I look forward to it!

Perhaps we will visit the San Diego Maritime Museum's Sea Chantey Bands day around July 24th. Something to talk about.

Aquarussell

Russell Hedges

Edited by Aquarussell

I was also allowed to play the Wheatstone Aeola 56 key English concertina. I was amazed by how little pressure it took to make a sound. It was a thrill to hold and try a vintage EC. Now I see why players want to upgrade from the Jackie!