OAIM Concertina Course with Ernestine Healy!

Ptarmigan

For your information!

"Concertina Skills, taught by Ernestine Healy is now available onsite.

Students will address concertina technique, ornamentation (cranns, rolls, cuts and droning) & the use of variations in tunes, as well as touching on aspects of phrasing, articulation & rhythm.

This course is aimed at intermediate players."

The Online Academy of Irish Music

N.B. Tomorrow night, Friday 29th April, they are launching their new website in O'Connor's Pub, Doolin & this event can be watched live.

"Our launch will be a free live web stream featuring a great line up of musicians playing a session direct from O'Connor's pub Doolin.

This will be broadcasted on the livetrad.com website."

Cheers

Dick

A sample lesson:

Intermediate Anglo Concertina Online Lessons/ Tutorials from Ernestine Healy for www.oaim.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg8_n6MYyMQ&fmt=18

Thanks

Leo

Thanks Leo,

There is only 2/3rd's of the lesson here ^^. Also, it's much better to view the free lesson within it's full lesson template with downloadable notation, mp3's and all the tips and info. It only takes 2 mins to create a free account and then you have access to all our core lessons. http://www.oaim.ie

:)

It is certainly worth checking out that Free Lesson:

"This lesson will teach a reel called, "The Lobster".

The lesson is broken down into 4 sections as follows:

Part 1: The tune played twice.

Part 2: First part of the tune, phrase by phrase

Part 3: Second part of the tune, phrase by phrase

Part 4: Focus on grace notes"

I like the Video format.

Here's a YouTube of Ernestine Healy playing The Lobster in concert.

Cheers

Dick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLVXserV1mw

At first it was quite a detailed lesson now it's just the tune a few times through at her normal speed..

The full lesson is available on the website. It takes 2 minutes to create an account and then head to the free lessons page to view the lesson in it's full template with all the dowloadable mp3's, pdf, tips and pointers.

At first it was quite a detailed lesson now it's just the tune a few times through at her normal speed..

The full lesson is available on the website. It takes 2 minutes to create an account and then head to the free lessons page to view the lesson in it's full template with all the dowloadable mp3's, pdf, tips and pointers.

If I may make a suggestion. I find the website quite amazing, well done and easy to navigate. The thing I don't like is that only monthly memberships are available. There is no way to pay a fixed price for a full lesson. I personally don't like monthly fees, especially when I don't know exactly what I get for it every single week... But beside that, you guys definitely managed to do something great and I hope it will expand and be very successful.

If I may make a suggestion. I find the website quite amazing, well done and easy to navigate. The thing I don't like is that only monthly memberships are available. There is no way to pay a fixed price for a full lesson. I personally don't like monthly fees, especially when I don't know exactly what I get for it every single week... But beside that, you guys definitely managed to do something great and I hope it will expand and be very successful.

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement - for a monthly fee you have access to every single lesson we have on site, which is nearing 150 now. There is no way to pay for a single lesson I'm afraid, sorry. Our 'sample' lessons are designed to give you an idea of what to expect from each of the courses, which is how we thought people would be able to make an informed decision.

:)