Action qualities

In the topic "Illustrated 'piece' on Concertina Actions" this was said:

Thanks for the document, Chris.

It seems that there are two major types of action: the "rivoted" and the "pivoted." I realize there are some complications in the constructions, but is there any consensus on which of these two types of actions are basically more durable, faster, smoother, etc.?"

Regards,

Tom

The original article by Chris Flint contains a richer outline of various types of action than seen before and that means a good start for further discussion on the questions Tom put forward - and more.

First one detail which confuses myself regarding the title and terms.I say "action" here too but what I refer to is the complete mechanism - and then I mean all parts related to the "action" - not only the type of connection between lever and post (whether "riveted" or "pivoted") -and then we may include: endplate/button connection - buttons - action board and guiding holes - button/lever connection - lever - lever/post connection - posts - springs - lever/pad connection - pads - (endplate).

There are two interests involved here which risk being in conflict - the demands from the musician and those from the producer. Only with unlimited economic resources you can expect that the ambitions may be concordant and this is rarely the situation on any "market". Would it be a good start to look at the musical demands first of all?