Two Graeme Miles Songs

Tootler

Leo somewhat stole my thunder as they are on his list for 11 March. However, as these are my first videos featuring concertina, I thought I would feature them separately. It's taken quite a bit of effort to get this far and there is a long way to go.

My concertina is a Morse CG Anglo.

Geoff

Edit to correct grammatical error.

Edited by Tootler

Hi geoff

Sorry about that. I'm usually more careful in editing and proofreading my list. But the videos were up for a few days (8 March), and nobody owned up to them before I posted them a couple of days later on Friday the 11th. I didn't make the connection with a different screen name on the YouTube account. If you like, I can edit my list and remove them, but I would like to keep the video of the "Shruti Box Demo" since it comes up in conversation occasionally.

Thanks

Leo

It's OK Leo.

I had been dithering about starting a thread on them and only finally decided to yesterday, so it's my own fault really.

Leave them in your thread if you wish and certainly leave the Shruti box demo. I didn't really mention that as it is not a concertina even though it is a free reed instrument.

I find the Shruti box good for singing with, especially for ballads. It works especially well with modal melodies in my view.

Cheers

Geoff

The different name on You Tube is because "Tootler" had already been taken. I have a feeling it might actually have been me that had already taken it as I had signed up to something else of Google's using Tootler as my handle but You Tube wouldn't let me use it even though the email addresses I gave were the same. I had to use yet another name for Gmail, so I now have three different userids on Google. I have considered contacting them so I can rationalise the situation but have never got round to it. G

It's OK Leo.

I had been dithering about starting a thread on them and only finally decided to yesterday, so it's my own fault really.

Leave them in your thread if you wish and certainly leave the Shruti box demo. I didn't really mention that as it is not a concertina even though it is a free reed instrument.

I find the Shruti box good for singing with, especially for ballads. It works especially well with modal melodies in my view.

Cheers

Geoff

The different name on You Tube is because "Tootler" had already been taken. I have a feeling it might actually have been me that had already taken it as I had signed up to something else of Google's using Tootler as my handle but You Tube wouldn't let me use it even though the email addresses I gave were the same. I had to use yet another name for Gmail, so I now have three different userids on Google. I have considered contacting them so I can rationalise the situation but have never got round to it. G

Geoff and Leo = would also be nice to have the words in the youtube description if that were easy to do.

Also (seizing the opportunity!) is there a list of songs in Bflat out there somewhere for playing on bflat anglos?

Lots of thoughts about Bflat being best for songs but not so easy to find the actual songs to see if they suit one's taste enough then to buy a bflat box.... :unsure:

Ta!

Cheers

Geoff

Would you be the singer with the Shruti box at the folk session in the FILO Whitby last year ? There can't be many of them knocking around North Yorkshire smile.gif

Geoff and Leo = would also be nice to have the words in the youtube description if that were easy to do.

Also (seizing the opportunity!) is there a list of songs in Bflat out there somewhere for playing on bflat anglos?

Lots of thoughts about Bflat being best for songs but not so easy to find the actual songs to see if they suit one's taste enough then to buy a bflat box.... :unsure:

Ta!

I will put the words on my website and post a link. Probably tomorrow (Sunday) if I get time.

As to songs in Bb, it may be a matter of transposing songs from other keys. "She Walks Alone" was originally in D but I transposed it down a tone to C. As it happens I could have sung it fine in D but putting it in C made it easier for accompanying myself and it is an equally good key for me to sing the song. I regularly transpose songs into convenient keys and C is often convenient for my voice. Bb is not generally a good key for me to sing in so a CG anglo suits me fine for singing, on the whole.

Cheers

Geoff

Would you be the singer with the Shruti box at the folk session in the FILO Whitby last year ? There can't be many of them knocking around North Yorkshire smile.gif

I didn't go to the FILO when I was at Whitby last year but I did go the year before (2009) and I am pretty sure I had my shruti box with me then. Could it have been then?

Geoff

I didn't go to the FILO when I was at Whitby last year but I did go the year before (2009) and I am pretty sure I had my shruti box with me then. Could it have been then?

Geoff

I didn't go to the FILO at all during 2009 so there must be 2 singers with shruti boxes coming to Whitby biggrin.gif

I will put the words on my website and post a link. Probably tomorrow (Sunday) if I get time.

As to songs in Bb, it may be a matter of transposing songs from other keys. "She Walks Alone" was originally in D but I transposed it down a tone to C. As it happens I could have sung it fine in D but putting it in C made it easier for accompanying myself and it is an equally good key for me to sing the song. I regularly transpose songs into convenient keys and C is often convenient for my voice. Bb is not generally a good key for me to sing in so a CG anglo suits me fine for singing, on the whole.

Cheers

Geoff

Ta!

I have put the words and the tunes on my website as pdf files. You can access them by following the links below:

Salt People

She Walks Alone

The music for She Walks Alone is in the original key of D though I sing it in C.

Enjoy

Geoff

I have put the words and the tunes on my website as pdf files. You can access them by following the links below:

Salt People

She Walks Alone

The music for She Walks Alone is in the original key of D though I sing it in C.

Enjoy

Geoff

Ta!