Third Impression + An Observation

Hello Forum

By going over the Concertina Book by Frank Converse I ran into a little problem.

U see. Im not very good at "converting" notes into "right played music" (yet) and I really had a hard time finding "live" melodies from the book elsewhere.

In Tune on Tron for instance not one of the melodies in the book was a "bulls eye".

However while searching the internet I came a cross this site:

http://www.laurasmidiheaven.com/

If u havnt seen it before then take a look.

For the first time I can hear what a beautiful melody Shenandoah really is.

Just wonders.

Have a great day

Allan

Allan, thanks for the great website. There's a bunch of things I can do with it, including adding a couple of new "rings" to my cell phone. I am thinking about getting some software to help convert the midi's to sheet music. Does anyone have any experience with good software for this?

Ben

If you're patient enough to enter notes by hand, Finale Software has a great free program called 'Notepad' that will churn out all the sheet music you could desire. I use it because I have much the same problem with converting sheet music to a melody I can practice. It's been a great help for me in getting the 'tune' right while I polish my sight reading skills.

I am thinking about getting some software to help convert the midi's to sheet music. Does anyone have any experience with good software for this?

Ben

Sibelius is a great program to convert midi`s to sheet music. They don`t offer a free version (at least they didn`t last time I checked), but if you have the money to spend on it, it`s really worth it.

- Anita