Torn maker label

I just noticed that the maker label on my Jones anglo is torn. Probably I poked with a finger at some point. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I know how to disassemble it. I'm not sure if I should tape the back or use some sort of glue. The tear is square in the middle of the label. I'm thinking some sort of white papeer to reinforce the back with white glue. Or would scotch or packing tape work as well?

Bob Lusk

I wonder if you might want to pass this by a photo and / or scrapbook store. They would probably have an excellent handle on an "archival" type paper for the backing and what sort of attachment glue to use that would not deteriorate the existing label more over time. This might be a little more important consideration with these these more historic-type instruments. 50 years from now some new owner might be scratching his/her head at the shreds dangling out the fretwork? This type of information would be worth a little chat with some shop owner or two. You might want to also enquire if it would be in poor taste to even make a matching cut-out of some sort of protection material for over the top; some sort of plastic tab to keep your finger off the paperwork? I don't think any sort of laminates would be considered "archival"--but not sure in that direction. Just some thoughts Michelle in Wis USA

OK, just cut out some copy paper and white glued it to the back of the label. It looks fine. Perhaps I'll regret it 20 years down the line, but cosmetically this concertina is rather battered and beaten - love the sound though.