My Dipper will arrive in just 4 months!

I just spent a week at the Catskills Irish Arts in East Durham, NY, and tried a couple of different concertinas. I used to be left salivating after trying other people's concertinas, before I had the Dipper... but let me tell you that nothing came close to my County Clare Dipper this time!

My friends would have a good laugh at me because I would basically never leave the instrument by itself. I would always bring it with me everywhere, take it out of the car, put it under the table at restaurants, etc... at one point I had to leave it on the river bank while swimming and I almost had withdrawal syndrome :lol:

I'd say the four extra buttons are a must in the long run. I am mostly only using the push F# and pull E on the left side so far, but I'm pretty sure in a few years I'll be using most of the extra buttons/notes. The only problem with this is that when I try a 30 buttons, or any concertina with another layout, I become very confused :(

Ok thanks to all your precious tips I made up my mind and I'll go with the extra buttons, as well as with the 7 bellow folds.

I'm so glad Colin and Rosalie are such very kind persons to deal with, it was worth to know them even if their instrument wasn't the amazing masterpieces them actually are.