How long before you felt competent ?

Hi Richard

Nice songs. Funnily enough I've been singing Route of the Blues which I always liked from The Dransfields and Adieu etc so we must have similar taste or like Dick Miles' stuff on YouTube . Thanks Dick toosmile.gif

I am working on Sportsmen Arouse (Innocent Hare) but I have difficulties with the hunting aspect so iI may have to change the words to Vole Strokers Arouse!

But I suppose I could sing The Granemoor Hare too and claim it as a juxtaposition of both sides in the hunt ( though rather weighted to the humans) same goes for The Last of the Great Whales and a whaling song.

Edited by michael sam wild

Hi Richard

Nice songs. Funnily enough I've been singing Route of the Blues which I always liked from The Dransfields and Adieu etc so we must have similar taste or like Dick Miles' stuff on YouTube . Thanks Dick toosmile.gif

I am working on Sportsmen Arouse (Innocent Hare) but I have difficulties with the hunting aspect so iI may have to change the words to Vole Strokers Arouse!

But I suppose I could sing The Granemoor Hare too and claim it as a juxtaposition of both sides in the hunt ( though rather weighted to the humans) same goes for The Last of the Great Whales and a whaling song.

I have a few whaling and hunting songs, but my main interest is in sea songs generally and songs with military connections. The latter have all sorts of perspectives (bombastic, anti-war and simply fatalistic - which I regard as the most authentic). I don't take sides...