39 key Lachenal Maccann Duet for sale

ask

Price lowered to $375.

39 button Lachenal Maccann Duet concertina for sale. Rosewood ends, 6 fold bellows, A440 tuning, steel reeds, wooden case. Looks to have been refurbished and pads and valves appear to have been replaced. Barleycorn stamp inside. All notes sounding and in tune and bellows in good condition. Serial number 2240. I am located north of San Francisco. Please send a pm if you have interest.

post-7026-12681518945904_thumb.jpg

post-7026-12681519189422_thumb.jpg

post-7026-12681519482633_thumb.jpg

post-7026-12681519683748_thumb.jpg

Edited by ask

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the interest but I've decided to hang onto the concertina.

I don't know if you still are interested in selling the concertina, but I'm an accordion player who lives in San Francisco. I really want to start getting involved with irish folk music. Maybe we could even make a trade if you're interested. Accordion for concertina. Anyways, let me know what you think.

cheers,

Daniel

Thanks for the interest but I've decided to hang onto the concertina.

I don't know if you still are interested in selling the concertina, but I'm an accordion player who lives in San Francisco. I really want to start getting involved with irish folk music. Maybe we could even make a trade if you're interested. Accordion for concertina. Anyways, let me know what you think.

cheers,

Daniel

Thanks for your kind interest but I am not sure if a Maccann Duet would be the best choice for Irish folk music. I think the members of the forum would probably advise an Anglo concertina or perhaps even an English concertina but definitely not a 39 button Duet. I've read that the range of notes on the smaller Maccanns is extremely limited and you could quickly become frustrated and regret your purchase. If you are truly interested in a Maccann Duet I would recommend waiting until an 81 button Maccann is available. If you start at the top there will be no need to trade up and you should have all the notes you need at hand.

If you are still interested in a small reasonably priced 39 button Maccann Duet in excellent condition as a starter duet or folk instrument, PM me.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...