Royal Concertinas

The guest speaker will be Geoff Crabb, who will talk about some aspect of concertina making and his family's 150 year plus connection with the concertina trade.Geoff is a fascinating speaker and fine craftsman.Good reasonably priced food is available.Everyone welcome both players and listeners.Email me for a map and directions.

Mark Davies

edeophone@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to all who attended and made Jean and myself welcome at the Royal.

When planning a concertina related talk, it is very difficult to decide what to include from the vast amount of material etc. associated with this, basically, very simple machine.

I hope that the content was of interest and that some queries were answered and perhaps some misconceptions corrected. I also hope that I managed to speak with everyone but if not, I apologise. Sign up for the Bradfield weekend where I will be available again.

I was pleased that some playing was managed as that is, after all, what the instrument is about and that all levels of ability were represented. In the words of a familiar department store owner, "You all did very well!".

Keep playing. wink.gif

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, nice to see you both and a full house for a fascinating illustrated talk. I hope Neil Wayne handed everything back after you circulated them! he left in a hurry I thoughtwink.gif

I was pleased to see your Duet that you made as your Apprentice Piece and to hear you play it.

Nice to meet so many other enthusiasts

Thanks to Mark Davies for arranging it

See you at Bradfield

Mike

Edited by michael sam wild