Bell & Jorrocks Session, Frittenden, Kent, 29Th November

This is just a quick announcement to say we're having another of our regular sessions at the Bell+Jorrocks pub at Frittenden, Kent on the 29th November.

The sessions take place at the Bell & Jorrocks pub at Frittenden, Kent, start at 8pm, and continue until it's time to sing Nellie Dean and say goodnight. Expect lots of play-along country dance tunes, and sing-along choruses from regulars who often include singers, stepdancers, and fiddle, melodeon and concertina players, including ourselves.

The sessions are informal and free, with lots of old fashioned and traditional songs and tunes, and a big emphasis on variety, humour and entertainment generally - if you liked your pub the way it was before the telly and the computer came, this event is for you.

Gavin and Julie Atkin - for information see http://frittendenfestival.com/sessions/ or ring 07985 522734

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you'll all forgive me for this reminder. The bare details are below, but I should point out there will of course be concertinas including my own, and my good friend Mike Acott has also said he's coming. It would be great to see some more members of the 'tina community on the night!

Gav

This is just a quick announcement to say we're having another of our regular sessions at the Bell+Jorrocks pub at Frittenden, Kent on the 29th November.

The sessions take place at the Bell & Jorrocks pub at Frittenden, Kent, start at 8pm, and continue until it's time to sing Nellie Dean and say goodnight. Expect lots of play-along country dance tunes, and sing-along choruses from regulars who often include singers, stepdancers, and fiddle, melodeon and concertina players, including ourselves.

The sessions are informal and free, with lots of old fashioned and traditional songs and tunes, and a big emphasis on variety, humour and entertainment generally - if you liked your pub the way it was before the telly and the computer came, this event is for you.

Gavin and Julie Atkin - for information see http://frittendenfestival.com/sessions/ or ring 07985 522734

I heard a rumour that John Morgan would be bringing his voice and melodeon along and doing an extended set, Gav. Is this true?

Chris

It's true. I haven't mentioned him because he isn't a tina player - but at these sessions we usually have a featured guest who generally does three sets of three of whatever they do during the course of the evening. It's much less of the featured star than you get at a folk club, but we think it brings something different and special to each night.

I should add that John is an excellent singer and has a real pedigree - for those who are interested in these things he sang on Shirley Collins legendary Anthems in Eden album. It happens that he's just launched a new album, and the plan is that those who make it to Frittenden will be rewarded with a piece of cake to celebrate!

But, as I say, there should alo be plenty of the usual musical fare, including concertina playing.

Gav